The earliest record of tithes in Nailsea found so far dates from 1638. The record has been translated as:
A terrier of such parcels of ground belonging to the Rectory of Wraxall lying in the parish of Naylsey
Videlicet (Namely ) One threeyards of ground adjacent to the churchyard on the one side Henry Mandrells ground on the North side John Bryant ground on the west side and the highway on the south side wherin standard the ninth of February 1638
Ezekiel Poundal Rector
John Godwyn Churchwarden
Richard Godwind Holy Trinity Church was a chapelry of Wraxall at this time, hence the reference to the Rectory of Wraxall.
The Tithe Barn, home of schooling for over 200 years, is a wonderful resource for learning about the past. Curriculum linked resources and activities are available across all key stages.